Our Portfolio: Westbourne Terrace, W2
Mr and Mrs Phelan
RMR Homes was recommended to me by a close friend for whom they had done an extensive architectural kitchen refurbishment.
My challenge was to convert a 400sq ft neglected basement room into a bright and airy, sophisticated studio flat.
We worked together on the design, which RMR followed up with CAD drawings. Costs were clearly itemized and updated in spreadsheets identifying fixed and discretionary expenses.
The project constituted:
· raising the ceiling,
· building new partition walls,
· re-wiring for electricity, TV and telephone,
· installing bathroom and kitchen with new plumbing and drainage,
· installing new boiler, underfloor heating and hot water system,
· obtaining permission for and constructing a door to access the interior terrace,
· creating all built-in wardrobes and cabinetry offsite,
· purchasing and laying new tile and wooden flooring,
· procuring and installing new fittings and appliances,
· re-plastering and painting throughout.
Once the plans were drawn up and work schedule established I was out of the country for six weeks and had to trust their reliability. The workers proved to be tidy and conscientious, causing no unnecessary disruption to the rest of the building. To my delight, the project fulfilled all expectations, and was completed – largely in my absence – on time and to an exceptionally high standard.